Logic Pro for iPad: Piano roll on all MIDI tracks is shifted (out of tune) by a fifth (but only one song)

I believe this is a bug possibly caused by the newly released Keyboard Session Player instrument.

I just added a keyboard session player track to an existing Logic Pro session. Not using any sort of external controller, or MIDI instrument. M1 iPad Pro, using the latest rev.

The soon-to-be-problematic song was set to the key of B, already had several MIDI instrument tracks, as well as recorded audio tracks. After adding a new session keyboard track via my iPad, I then:

a. Changed the instrument parameters to follow the rhythm of one of the preexisting MIDI tracks.

b. Proceeded to edit the Chord parameters in the keyboard session player instrument.

c. Added my first chord edit (using the notation button), preset chords became visible

I was surprised to see the “AI” keyboard player was set to play an E Major as the song’s first and only chord - this despite the fact that my song was in the key of B. I’ve never seen this before.

At this point, I edited/ changed the E chord to a B. This is easy, and has always worked for me in the past. But, this time all my changes seemed to be ignored by the instrument. I could enter any chord I wanted in any key, but they all sounded as E chords.

Here’s where this bug gets really weird. I deleted the Keyboard Session Player and simply added a MIDI Instrument instead, but all notes were shifted by a fifth - making E into a B. I can’t get this problematic Logic session to regain its sanity now. All other sessions work fine, but all MIDI tracks in this one are Shifted.

help?

Posted on Jun 17, 2024 4:58 PM

1 reply

Logic Pro for iPad: Piano roll on all MIDI tracks is shifted (out of tune) by a fifth (but only one song)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.