Kernel panic boot loop help - 2018 MacBook Pro

Hello folks, chasing the cause of my kernel panics... 2018 MBP Intel processor. Have been having constant kernel panics for the last couple of weeks, touchbar is also not working now, suspect hardware, have tried reinstalling Mac os from internet recovery and external drive to no avail. Apple have charged me $1000 aud up front for the estimated cost of repair for a logic board reinstall... Have attached kernel panic crash report below. Reviving from DFU mode did not work either!

TIA

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 17, 2024 11:44 PM

1 reply

Jun 18, 2024 2:14 AM in response to R4ymondo

R4ymondo wrote:

Hello folks, chasing the cause of my kernel panics... 2018 MBP Intel processor. Have been having constant kernel panics for the last couple of weeks, touchbar is also not working now, suspect hardware, have tried reinstalling Mac os from internet recovery and external drive to no avail. Apple have charged me $1000 aud up front for the estimated cost of repair for a logic board reinstall... Have attached kernel panic crash report below. Reviving from DFU mode did not work either!
TIA
<Crash report.log>

As the Apple Experts have had direct physical and on hands access to the machine and they have assessed the computer requires a New Logicboard

Who are we, who are all working Remotely from all around the World to second guess their assessment of this computer

If one is not pleased with their initial findings, take the machine to another Apple Authorized Service Centre and get a second opinion.

I must say though, you have done a great deal of good trouble shooting including the Reviving from DFU mode which many do not even know about let alone try.

It could be time to consider the cost of repairs versus investing in a New or Newer computer

Kernel panic boot loop help - 2018 MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.