Why does my iPhone lose battery even when not in use?

Only, my phone has become a huge drain on energy without any use of the phone.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 5, iOS 10

Posted on Jun 18, 2024 2:02 AM

2 replies

Jun 18, 2024 2:07 AM in response to shariffromsheffield

Battery Performance Tips:

If your battery health reaches 80% before you reach one year from the date of purchase, then you qualify for a free battery replacement. 🔋😁

Need more help?

Click ▶︎ iPhone User Guide. 📖

Good luck! 👋🏼😉

Jun 18, 2024 12:05 PM in response to shariffromsheffield

Unless your phone is turned completely off it still performs certain services when in sleep mode. Even when turned off, things like the clock are still using power (not much though).

Check the Settings > Battery feature to see if there are apps or services running that use a lot of power. If there are, decide if you need them running all the time, can turn off a service when an app is in the background, or disable the feature completely. Read this support article to learn about the battery health feature. —> iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

Refer to this post for good tips on reducing battery use on your device --> https://discussions.apple.com/thread/255063652?answerId=259418848022#259418848022

Addendum to #11. Use 4G/LTE instead of 5G. Use 5G with your iPad - Apple Support

Here is a related post in the context of device heating. --> iphone pho max 14 phone gets hot - Apple Community

Why does my iPhone lose battery even when not in use?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.