iCloud NEVER works properly. Files do not appear on other devices, or they appear truncated, and when they do appear, it's always with delay.

iCloud files do not appear on other devices at all, or they take a long time, and when they do, they are often incomplete. The iCloud almost never works properly. I've got an M2 iPad Pro, and an M1 Mac Studio.

Anyone has any ideas why? I have the 2TB Plan, and I've used less than 500GB

Mac Studio (2022)

Posted on Jun 18, 2024 9:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2024 8:50 AM

my icloud files is basically useless. i use dropbox instead.

every time i’m not home and i try to download a file from icloud it gives me an error. it’s the worst. i’m at a coffee shop right now and can’t download a simple pages doc.

2 replies

Jun 20, 2024 9:28 AM in response to christos75

I have started to use it sparingly. I find Notes better if I want to share across devices. If I don't need something on other devices I just back up or move to a external SSD. I have slowly moved stuff I have on other clouds to my backup SSD. From Dropbox and Box.net getting hacked my trust in the any cloud has been severely diminished.

iCloud NEVER works properly. Files do not appear on other devices, or they appear truncated, and when they do appear, it's always with delay.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.