Recover Contacts

I have several Google accounts and iCloud contacts on my Mac but shared on iCloud with all of my other iPhone, iPad and second MacBook. Recently, I suddenly discovered that all of my contacts had been doubled. I have no idea why it happened but I just want to fix my contacts. I tried a merge to fix the issue and it went horribly wrong and deleted a number of critical contacts! Once I discovered this, I started recreating the contacts I had lost, but quickly realized it was a large number. I then tried to use Google's system to go back about a month to an older version of my contacts.

However, That created another mess and resulted in different contacts on all of my devices and I still had contacts missing on my iPhone. I followed suggestions from here and tried switching off and deleting all of my contacts on my iPhone and iPad and then re-enabled my contacts.

This just took me to yet another version of my contacts from iCloud, with more issues.

I just don't know where to begin now. It is clear that the databases being used by Google and iCloud are fighting each other, probably using dates, preventing me from loading older correct versions of my contacts. Any help would be appreciated.

iPhone 15 Pro

Posted on Jun 18, 2024 9:55 AM

There are no replies.

Recover Contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.