Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my MacBook Pro's trackpad not clicking (haptic feedback)

I use a macbook pro M1, a couple of weeks ago i noticed my trackpad wasn't giving haptic feedback when i pressed it. I restarted my MacBook and it started clicking for about 10 presses. The last press triggered a pretty big vibration from the haptic motor and completely stopped working since. I restarted it once more and it did the same thing. A couple of weeks later my trackpad is completely dead, its very uncomfortable since it doesnt move at all, so im forced to tap to click. Does anybody know any solution to this? Not sure if its a hardware problem.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 14.0

Posted on Jun 18, 2024 12:16 PM

1 reply

Jun 18, 2024 12:39 PM in response to Macuser131

Macuser131 wrote:

I use a macbook pro M1, a couple of weeks ago i noticed my trackpad wasn't giving haptic feedback when i pressed it. I restarted my MacBook and it started clicking for about 10 presses. The last press triggered a pretty big vibration from the haptic motor and completely stopped working since. I restarted it once more and it did the same thing. A couple of weeks later my trackpad is completely dead, its very uncomfortable since it doesnt move at all, so im forced to tap to click. Does anybody know any solution to this? Not sure if its a hardware problem.

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

a work-a round in the interm is an external trackpad/mouse

My Support - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

Why is my MacBook Pro's trackpad not clicking (haptic feedback)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.