Iphone 12 Pro Max signal problems e-sim and physical

I have an iphone 12 Pro Max and use a physical sim and esim for a different network at the same time. Several days ago my battery died while I was in a cab to the airport, so I plugged the phone into the cab's charger to get some juice. When my phone restarted, the physical sim would not get a network for any reason. My esim got a signal but i had no roaming in that country. Upon my return home the physical sim was still dead, but the esim worked, for a bit. I lost data at some stage so I switched the phone off and on. Then I had no signal at all for hours. There is full network coverage where I was, and my network provider's service centre had no answers for what was wrong. After a few offs and ons and flight mode switching the signal returned. The same thing happened again the next day when the battery ran out, but this time after recharging and waiting hours for a signal, I had no data. Half a day later, for no apparent reason, my data connection was restored and all the messages came in. The physical sim works in another phone so it's clearly the slot. The e-sim I can't transfer, and if I get it reset in this country it takes two days. Is there another potential fix for this?

iPhone 5s, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 18, 2024 2:43 PM

1 reply

Iphone 12 Pro Max signal problems e-sim and physical

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.