Transfer data from Apple Watch without a paired phone

Hi there!

I have an Apple Watch that is connected to an iPhone 13 mini. Now the iPhone 13 mini is in Ukraine, and I don`t have access to it. I bought a new iPhone 14 pro, and I want to connect it to the Watch, but in order to do this, I need to reset it, that is, delete all data. There are audio recordings made in the Voice Recorder app on my Watch that I need and don't want to lose. Please tell me how I can transfer them to my iPhone 14 pro without having access to the 13 mini that the watch is paired with? All devices have the same Apple ID. iCloud has a place to download it.

Maybe there is a way to transfer this data over the cloud without using the old phone!?

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 9

Posted on Jun 19, 2024 1:46 AM

1 reply

Jun 19, 2024 2:14 AM in response to Leto_Letnee

The Apple Watch backup is part of the iPhone backup. So in theory you could restore the new iPhone 14 Pro from the iPhone 13 backup made to iCloud and then pair your watch to the new iPhone. However, I did not find any information, if voice recordings are part of the Apple Watch backup:

Have a look at this related article:

Back up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Restore Apple Watch from a backup - Apple Support

You can only share or save your voice recordings on the paired iPhone, for example copy the saved voice recordings of the Apple Watch in the iPhone Voice memo app to iCloud Drive, and then access iCloud Drive on your new iPhone. But this will only work, if the old iPhone still has the same Apple ID.

Transfer data from Apple Watch without a paired phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.