iPhone 15 Pro Max Battery Capacity

I bought an iPhone 15 Pro Max in the end of February 2024, its battery maximum capacity dropped to 98% in June 2024 with less than 116 charging cycle! Plus, since the first days, the phone is over heating while using it for simple tasks like using social media apps! After calling Apple Support multiple times, they run diagnoses on my phone and said that it has no issues! Andy body has similar issue?

I paid a fortune to buy a rubbish phone that cannot handle simplest tasks without getting over heated! Also, the battery is a joke! Apple needs to address these issue ASAP!

iPhone 15 Pro Max

Posted on Jun 19, 2024 9:01 AM

4 replies

Jun 19, 2024 10:43 AM in response to Shadyar_

Shadyar_ wrote:

I bought an iPhone 15 Pro Max in the end of February 2024, its battery maximum capacity dropped to 98% in June 2024 with less than 116 charging cycle!

battery seems normal...

Reset/ or a Force Restart,

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

restore from backup, restore as new device.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

put your iPhone in diagnostics mode - identify potential hardware and software issues

How to put your iPhone in diagnostics mode - Apple Support

submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

Jun 19, 2024 10:46 AM in response to Shadyar_

Sorry, there's literally NOTHING wrong with your phone. Battery Health declines normally with every full cycle battery charge and you seem to be upset to have lost 2% in battery health in at least 4 months, when the average loss is 1% per month. You can call it rubbish, but it's physics and there's one thing which is certain. The battery health on your iPhone will continue to decline and at some point it will dip to 80% at which time it will time to pay Apple to replace the battery in your iPhone. Worrying about something which is normal and can't be stopped is a waste of time and emotion.

Jun 19, 2024 12:35 PM in response to Shadyar_

No two phones can be compared to each other, as no two people use their phones in the exact same manner. And while iPhone batteries are rated at a certain mAh, some phones have more charge out of the box in excess of the stated mAh, which means they may not lose any health immediately, they WILL lose health ultimately. Battery health decline is NOT linear either. Meaning the battery can remain steady, then drop a couple points all at once.

The point though is you don't have a battery issue with your phone. There is NOTHING wrong with the battery in your phone and it is operating to spec. So worrying about it is pointless.

iPhone 15 Pro Max Battery Capacity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.