Chosen app not working on Apple TV

I’m having the same problem it seems like everyone else is having. I have two Apple TVs and I downloaded the chosen app on both devices. I can open the app, but if I click on a video the screen goes black on both devices. Is there a problem with the app that needs to be updated? I’ve tried all the suggestions like restarting my Apple TV, deleting the app and adding it back etc nothing has worked.

Posted on Jun 19, 2024 6:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2024 2:34 AM

Same here.

I can get it to play on my iPhone and when I try to use AirPlay and mirror on the Apple TV, nothing appears on the TV.

11 replies

Jun 20, 2024 8:05 AM in response to kjc1983

What chosen app is that? Or is ‘Chosen’ the app name?

What is your model Apple TV box?

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Find your Apple TV model number - Apple Support

What is its version system software (tvOS)?

Update your Apple TV - Apple Support

Normally, I would suggest this for any misbehaving app:

1. Force-quit the app, then relaunch and try again.
    2. If the issue persists, force-quit the app, restart the device, then relaunch and try again.
    3. If the issue still persists, delete the app, re-download and try again.
    4. If the issue still persists after that, then contact the app developer for further assistance.

but it seem you have done #3 already. Please do #4 next.

Jun 23, 2024 8:55 AM in response to kjc1983

Found this thread and while none of these worked for me I eventually got it resolved. Since different things appear to resolve for different people, adding my experience here too. Here is what resolved it for me:

sign out of chosen app

delete chosen app (not offload)

Restart AppleTV - open settings > system > restart

download chosen app

sign in to chosen app

Jun 28, 2024 5:43 PM in response to kjc1983

I am having a different issue with the Chosen App on my Apple TV box.

i can watch an episode and then the after show, but after the after show it begins playing the audio from another track. I can select another episode and it will start playing, but the audio from whatever was playing before keeps playing too… leading to a cacophony of audio.

Logging out the app does not fix it. Closing down Apple TV, turning off the TV, and surround sound and turning everything back on does not fix it.

Has anyone else experienced this phenomena? Any known fixes?

Chosen app not working on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.