iTunes Remote App not connecting with iTunes library on Windows 11 PC

I have a Windows PC running Windows 11 and iTunes version 12.13.2.3. I have Home Sharing enabled in iTunes. I also have two Apple TVs, and an Apple AirPort Express device in other rooms connected to my WiFi network. I have Home Sharing enabled on the Apple TVs and the AirPort Express.

I am current running iOS version 17.5.1 on my iPhone. In iTunes on my PC I can click on the AirPlay logo and see all of the Apple devices on my network. I can stream music from iTunes on my PC to any, or all, of those devices. I can also stream music from my iPhone to any of those devices.

For over a year now I have not been able to connect to any of those devices via the Remote App on my iPhone, particularly the iTunes library on my PC. I have enabled Home Sharing in the iPhone Remote app. The Remote App on my iPhone does not show any devices.

I have tried to "Connect Manually" many times, but when I enter the four digit code in iTunes, the Remote App on my iPhone still does not connect. So I know my PC is "seeing" my iPhone since I'm getting a code, but for some reason will not connect to the iTunes library.

I think I need some expert help here as there seems to be some setting in Windows 11 that changed during an update that is now blocking my iPhone from connecting to the iTunes library.

Thank you.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jun 19, 2024 8:24 PM

There are no replies.

iTunes Remote App not connecting with iTunes library on Windows 11 PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.