Apple Music for Windows 11

I currently use itunes on a windows 11 pc. I understand that I will soon need to replace itunes with the 3 new apps. My itunes library is rather large and consuming too much space on my c drive, so I was preparing to move it to the d drive. My question is: should I do this before I migrate to the new apps or can I wait and do it after migration?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jun 20, 2024 12:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2024 9:06 AM

I'll second Turingtest's reply. Do it now, before you migrate. Once you have iTunes loading your library off the other drive correctly and with out issues, then you can migrate easily to Apple Music.

I would also second the suggestion of sticking with iTunes for now while its still possible. The Music app is still very much in its early stages and is lacking many features.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2024 9:06 AM in response to arno12345

I'll second Turingtest's reply. Do it now, before you migrate. Once you have iTunes loading your library off the other drive correctly and with out issues, then you can migrate easily to Apple Music.

I would also second the suggestion of sticking with iTunes for now while its still possible. The Music app is still very much in its early stages and is lacking many features.

Apple Music for Windows 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.