Edit capability for Contacts

I wish Apple would only allow users to edit Contacts after selecting Edit. Currently you can edit information without choosing the EDIT function. While this may seem helpful it also allows you to accidently change data when you had no intention to do so. You should have to select EDIT first and then have the ability to cancel the changes if necessary.

iPhone 15, iOS 17

Posted on Jun 20, 2024 5:01 PM

4 replies

Jun 21, 2024 7:05 AM in response to slenow

In my mind it is because I’m not really editing the contact, just adding notes. And it’s nice to eliminate the extra steps to activate and inactivate the editing mode at the start/end of adding/modifying notes. I use it all the time when I call someone and then add notes from the conversation. I don’t feel I need an edit mode for that. I understand your concern but I find it difficult to imagine how _I_ might accidentally change a note. File a feature request. I believe it is working as they designed but you may be able to convince them to add a lock mode, or some other feature to prevent accidental modification of the notes.

Edit capability for Contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.