Macbook Freezes on Continuity

I have a Macbook Air M2 2022, running the latest OS, and an iPad Air 4th Gen, which I use as a second screen. Recently the past month or so whenever I used to screen mirror my Macbook onto the iPad and use Continuity, the Macbook screen would freeze up, and the Macbook itself would heat up a lot. Still, the iPad's screen and the content on the iPad are all good and working, e.g. if a YouTube video is on there it would go on. I don't know why would this happen, I first thought it was software issues and incompatibilities, but all my devices are up-to-date. Then I searched the forums but everyone was complaining about the iPad freezing, not the Macbook itself. It freezes even on the simplest of tasks, one tab on google chrome with a YouTube video working on the iPad, and on the Macbook Visual Studio code working on a very simple web project.

It's very weird how it heats up very quickly and just isn't able to handle any simple task, especially when on continuity. Any advice would help!

MacBook Air, macOS 14.5

Posted on Jun 20, 2024 11:04 PM

There are no replies.

Macbook Freezes on Continuity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.