Built in Camera Defective

I purchased a Macbook air 13" Feb 2023 online from the Mac store. I trusted everything will be working fine with the computer but only 3 months ago when I tried to turned on the camera and it was not working. I went to Apple store to find out what was wrong and turned out the camera is defective. The technician said for the model that I purchased camera and the screen are together. If I want to change the camera it will cost roughly 500 USD. The store said if I would have come in to fix within the warranty it will be free.

Now I would like to know does Apple actually deliver consumer a defective product or I did something to the camera which I did not even use the camera until I tried to turn on 3 months ago??!!

MacBook Air, macOS 14.5

Posted on Jun 21, 2024 2:15 AM

1 reply

Jun 21, 2024 2:25 AM in response to sut-wai

sut-wai Said:

"Built in Camera Defective: [...]Now I would like to know does Apple actually deliver consumer a defective product or I did something to the camera which I did not even use the camera until I tried to turn on 3 months ago??!!"

-------

Give Apple Support a Call:

Sorry to hear. I recommend you give Apple Support a call. Ask to speak with a technician about camera issues. These are just user-to-user forums. No one here has anyway in returns and replacements.

Apple Phone Support Info:

Built in Camera Defective

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.