Ive forgotten my password to my locked notes, and I cant use my finger print or face id to open it. What can I do?

I forgot my notes password and I cannot sign in using my Face ID or finger print. My Apple ID is in one of the locked notes. Is there a way to access those notes? If this cannot be done, will there be a future update that fixes this problem?

Posted on Jun 21, 2024 6:56 AM

2 replies

Jun 21, 2024 7:01 AM in response to Help470

Passwords are important to keep track of. Especially important is the one for locked notes. If you can't remember the locked notes password you created, you can keep guessing, but until you enter the correct password you created the notes will remain locked. You were given an opportunity when you created the password to create a password hint. Did you? Did you write the password down somewhere safe for future recall? This will unfortunately be a valuable lesson. Keep track of important passwords.

As to whether there will be an update in the future to avoid this, no one here can answer. This is a user to user only forum, which no one from Apple participates. And even if Apple did participate, which they don't, they would be prohibited from discussing any future updates they may be working on. Since it's been years since notes could be locked by a password and years with no workaround, my guess is this is not something Apple is working on.

But you can let Apple know your thoughts by providing feedback here --> Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Ive forgotten my password to my locked notes, and I cant use my finger print or face id to open it. What can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.