I am unable to reset my Apple ID password

My phone broke on holiday. I don’t remember my Apple ID password and I have tried to reset it, keep getting told I will receive phone calls and texts to reset password after two days. Two days pass and nothing and have to start the proses again and again. Does anyone else’s have this issue? Phone apple multiple time to get told it’s automated service and they can’t do anything. So frustrating as I can’t resent any passwords due to all being though that email and ID

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 21, 2024 7:45 AM

2 replies

Jun 21, 2024 7:57 AM in response to Ellie2211

If you use Account Recovery, it says you will receive an email in 72 hours, which is 3 days. Starting the request again will reset that time.

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

It also contains these 2 bullet points:

• If you submitted your account recovery request with iforgot.apple.com through your device's browser, you should avoid using that device during this period. Using that device might cancel account recovery. 
  • To avoid delays, turn off other devices that are signed in with your Apple ID until account recovery is complete.

Jun 21, 2024 7:52 AM in response to Ellie2211

You checked your junk mail? You are checking the email address Apple has for your notification address? Your telephone number is up to date with Apple?

If you get Account Recovery done in two days you are very lucky by what many people say here.

The people on this forum are just other users like yourself. We can't actually do anything other than provide information.

I am unable to reset my Apple ID password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.