How can I repair a torn rubber underneath my MacBook Air keycap?

I was just trying to dust off my macbook air a1932. I tried removing the keycap and accidentally ripped the part of rubber underneath the cap. Even worse, a plastic the rubber is damage like the picture above.

Can I fix it?

Or where can I get some parts of those?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″

Posted on Jun 21, 2024 7:58 PM

1 reply

Jun 21, 2024 8:16 PM in response to J0510

J0510 Said:

"I was just trying to dust off my macbook air a1932. I tried removing the keycap and accidentally ripped the part of rubber underneath the cap. Even worse, a plastic the rubber is damage like the picture above. Can I fix it?

Or where can I get some parts of those?"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Troubleshooting Cracked Keys:

AppleCare does not cover intentional damage. As for fixing it, take it to an Apple Store to to an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider). If it is a much older Mac, then take this as a good reason to upgrade to a newer device.

A. Apple Contact Us Info:

ake this in for a Genius Bar Appointment at your local Apple Store. Bring a proof pf purchase with you. There, it would be diagnosed, and you'd be provided with a cost.

B. Contacting an AASP: 

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the Mac

How can I repair a torn rubber underneath my MacBook Air keycap?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.