FCPX 10.8 On Screen Controls freeze

I have two MB Pro, m1 and m1 pro, both on 14,5 sonoma. And both have a same bug in FCPX 10.8. Any OSC (transform, crop, masks, titles) freeze the FCP interface. if i Just touch any osc FCP X freeze

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Jun 22, 2024 1:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2024 1:59 AM

Turn off the "Force Click and haptic feedback" in the Trackpad System Settings can solve the issues.

18 replies

Jun 22, 2024 3:45 AM in response to V1ctor

I can also confirm the bug does not seem to exist.

I tried it on my 2017 iMac but then thinking it might be a Silicon problem I tried it on my M2 mini but both Macs were OK.

However, Luis, do you notice something odd . . . it's in dual screen mode and I have not set it to be like that!

Could it be that the old project I opened was set to be in that mode? I didn't think individual projects could do that.

Jun 22, 2024 3:16 AM in response to V1ctor

I can't reproduce this problem. Maybe there is a conflict with something else on your systems. (And before you saym "no, because it happens in both macs", remember that they probably have similar software installations).

Start by deleting preferences, as usual, but then if the issue persists: Please run Etrecheck and post its full report here. Use the "additional text" button and paste the report into the text box.

Jun 27, 2024 1:25 AM in response to V1ctor

Hi, I discovered bugs in Final Cut Pro update 10.8.

The use of masks («Transform», «Crop» and «Distort») nails the program if the three-finger dragging function is enabled in the trackpad settings, (Accessibility - pointer control - trackpad options - use trackpad for dragging - dragging three fingers).

By deactivating the «use trackpad for dragging» option, the problem with these three masks is resolved.

As regards the «Sample color» mask of the «Green screen Keyer» effect, some problems remain (a little slow).

OR:

With the «use trackpad to drag» option enabled, the «Transform», «Crop» and «Distort» masks work correctly using the older model wireless trackpad (the one with AA batteries).

The «Sample color» mask in the «Green screen Keyer» effect with the older model wireless trackpad works almost correctly (a little slow).

Mackbook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB ram

FCPX 10.8 On Screen Controls freeze

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.