My MacBook running macOS Monterey, screen stuck post 12.7.5 update

My Macbook Air 2015 was fine with OS 12.7.4 until 12.7.5 updates. Now to access my window takes more than 10 attempts. It's either my mac stop at apple logo or progress bar. My mac now get stuck on every screen including recovery. I need help

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.7

Posted on Jun 22, 2024 2:25 AM

3 replies

Jun 22, 2024 4:21 PM in response to enyoojo

Have you run Disk Utility's Disk First Aid on all connected drives?

In Disk Utility>View, select Show all Devices, highlight the top left entry.

Run Disk First Aid on all items in the left panel, from top down.

Are you running any VPN, Anti-Virus, or Cleaning apps?

We need to see what all is running, a report from this will not display any personal info...

Using EtreCheck - Apple Community

EtreCheck is a FREE simple little diagnostic tool to display the important details of your system configuration and allow you to copy that information to the Clipboard. It is meant to be used with Apple Support Communities to help people help you with your Mac. It will not display any personal info.

https://www.etrecheck.com/

Thanks for Old Toad’s etrecheck instructions…

Slow iMac 2017 - Apple Community

You can use Drive DX to possibly get a better view of Drive health…

https://binaryfruit.com/drivedx

Jun 22, 2024 5:28 AM in response to enyoojo

Start with this if M1, M2, or M3 Mac...

On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > Shut Down.

Wait for your Mac to shut down completely. A Mac is completely shut down when the screen is black and any lights (including in the Touch Bar) are off.

Press and hold the power button on your Mac until “Loading startup options” appears.

Select a volume.

Press and hold the Shift key, then click Continue in Safe Mode.

The computer restarts automatically. When the login window appears, you should see “Safe Boot” in the menu bar.

Does the problem occur in Safe Mode? 

Restart normally.

Start with this if IntelMac...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes or more.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Jun 22, 2024 3:31 PM in response to BDAqua

It does not work. I'm currently using the same Mac to write this article. The computer works perfectly every time I manage to turn it on. The whole problem is getting the computer to start once it's turned off. Safe Boot and other suggestions like recovery and reinstallation all failed because even at these steps the Mac also get stuck.

My MacBook running macOS Monterey, screen stuck post 12.7.5 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.