can not setup second gmail account in apple mail on Mac (Sonoma 14.5)

I have multiple accounts in mac mail referencing google accounts. They work fine but were all setup years ago. Now I want to add a new one I'll call it newuser@mydomain.com . Mydomain.com is hosted by goggle and I have a olduser@mydomain.com that is working fine via mac mail. The newuser@mydomain.com has existed for several years but now I want to access mail to that account via my Mac. I checked that I can login to that user account on mail.google.com and see mail via the web. I checked that all the settings for newuser@mydomain.com match those of olduser@mydomain.com (neither have IMAP or POP enabled).

When I add an account in Mac mail, checking google as the account type (as is olduser@mydomain.com) it opens a new safari window asking for an email, I give it newuser@mydomain.com . It then asks for a password, I supply the same password that allows me to login to newuser@mydoamin.com via the web, but it says "wrong password..." .

I am out of ideas. Help greatly appreciated.

Lastly, apologies if this has been answered already I only went through the first few dozen of the 100s of pages several searches on this topic brought up.

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Jun 23, 2024 2:48 PM

There are no replies.

can not setup second gmail account in apple mail on Mac (Sonoma 14.5)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.