IPhone 11 Pro Max 64G Looping to Restore mode.

The device Started rebooting itself last Wednesday. It did this for about 3 Hours then after that It worked for about 3 hours. Then when the user woke up the next morning it was rebooting itself again. Doing these reboot cycles it would load the apple logo, then reboot. After the device was given to me I cleaned charging port and checked our water indicator on the sim card that we apply(It showed no H2O) attempted and successfully got the device to finally boot to a logon screen after several attempts. Encouraged by this small success I rebooted it into recovery mode to restore the device, as the user was given a replacement. Once it was in recovery mode, I Updated iTunes and attempted the update. It failed. It failed with a new Cable, It failed on a different port, It failed on a different PC. It just would not update and then it only booted in Restore mode. I saw so many different errors, however almost all of them directed me to do the same thing when researched. I even contacted Apple and did troubleshooting with the level One that answered the chat (Nice Kid) . At this moment I decided to Restore again and got even more interesting errors, until it actually looked like it was doing a restore (AKA it was not fast, Apple logo showed up with a progress bar on the bottom.). Got the correct messages and Bam Bob's Your Uncle It loaded! The only thing that I could come up with was I had a full battery at this point. I'm Posting for so anyone else that had this issue has some hope! Mind you this was the first device that was in great shape that would not recover easily via I tunes. I believe it was a corrupt update. Has anyone else run in to this stubborn restore before?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Jun 24, 2024 5:56 AM

1 reply

Jun 24, 2024 10:07 AM in response to SmearODeer

SmearODeer wrote:

The device Started rebooting itself last Wednesday. It did this for about 3 Hours then after that It worked for about 3 hours.

. Has anyone else run in to this stubborn restore before?

If you can't update or restore your iPhone or iPod touch

If you can't update or restore your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support

Plug your device directly into your computer...

If you see an error when you update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

If your iOS or iPadOS device restarts or displays the Apple logo or a spinning gear unexpectedly

If your iOS or iPadOS device restarts or displays the Apple logo or a spinning gear unexpectedly - Apple Support

put your iPhone in diagnostics mode - identify potential hardware and software issues

How to put your iPhone in diagnostics mode - Apple Support

if no resolve—

iPhone Repair and Service - Apple Support

iPhone Repair & Service - Apple Support

IPhone 11 Pro Max 64G Looping to Restore mode.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.