Sharing Apple Music subscription

I purchased Apple One with a Music family subscription included. My daughter was able to log in to Music on her iPhone but we can’t get my wife’s iPhone to recognize our family sharing. I’ve checked all the means to ensure family sharing is activated on my account and hers as well. Thanks!

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 24, 2024 3:11 PM

5 replies

Jun 25, 2024 8:20 AM in response to jdwfam6

So what happens when she tries to use the Apple Music subscription?

Have you invited her to your Family Sharing Group?

Has she accepted?

Does she not see the shared subscriptions in Settings ➜ Family ➜ Subscriptions on her device?

What Apple ID is signed in on her devices in Settings ➜ Apple ID ➜ Media & Purchases on her device?

Did your wife have her own Apple music and recently cancelled it?

You need to provide details about what you see, before anyone here can provide any advice.

Jun 25, 2024 11:53 AM in response to Phil0124

When she tries to use Apple Music it sends her to a page to purchase a new subscription.

Yes, has been invited and accepted to our family sharing group.

We see on her device that she has access to the Apple Music family subscription along with all the other subscriptions in Apple One.

The Apple ID is her own.

She didn't have Apple Music and recently cancel it.

Basically, her phone is the only device that will not allow her to join Apple Music on our family sharing plan.

Thanks for the help!

Sharing Apple Music subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.