I need a best mp3 cutter and joiner software for my PC

I'm looking for a best MP3 cutter and joiner software for PC. I need to do some basic operations when processing audio files, such as removing unnecessary parts or merging multiple audio files. I've tried several online tools before, but they usually come with too many ads, are complicated to use, and have problems with sound quality loss. Therefore, I'm looking for a software that is easy to use and can maintain the original sound quality. Thank you very much!

Mac Pro (2019)

Posted on Jun 25, 2024 2:10 AM

10 replies

Jun 25, 2024 5:44 AM in response to Dante_Joao

Dante_Joao wrote:
I need to do some basic operations when processing audio files, such as removing unnecessary parts or merging multiple audio files.

Any audio editing app should be able to do that. I use Sound Studio. Have you looked at Audacity?

They are visual apps, not command line, so you can navigate & see exactly where you would cut/remove or insert/concatenate audio files. No sound quality loss and you can also convert formats if desired.

Jun 25, 2024 3:19 AM in response to Dante_Joao

Using online MP3 cutter and joiner tools can be safe if you choose the reputable websites. Many online tools offer convenience and ease of use without requiring software installation. However, it's essential to ensure the website you are using is secure and trustworthy. Look for indicators such as HTTPS in the URL, positive user reviews, and a clear privacy policy that explains how your data is handled.

Despite the convenience, there are potential risks involved. Online tools may expose your files to unauthorized access, and there is a possibility of malware or phishing attacks on less reputable sites. It's crucial to avoid uploading sensitive or high-value audio files and to use antivirus software and ad-blockers for additional security. For critical or confidential tasks, consider using a desktop mp3 cutter and joiner software on Windows 11/10 or Mac that don't require internet access.

Jun 26, 2024 12:39 AM in response to MartinR

Audacity A free and powerful audio editing tool, but it's true that I did have a few problems with it. First, the user interface is not particularly intuitive and can be a bit difficult for beginners to get started. Second, while it supports a wide range of audio processing features, sometimes finding the specific effect or tool you need can take some time and experimentation.

Also, Audacity can occasionally be slow to respond when working with large files or making complex edits. And, while Audacity has a lot of plugin support, sometimes installing and managing these plugins can be quite cumbersome, and I wanted to find a simple, easy-to-use mp3 cutter and joiner software, any suggestion?

Jun 26, 2024 12:46 AM in response to Dante_Joao

I recommend you to try Audacity and AudioKies.

Audacity: This is an open-source and powerful audio editing program for many operating systems, including Windows, which not only allows you to cut and merge audio files, but also supports advanced features such as multitrack audio editing, sound processing, etc. The Audacity user interface, although it may take some getting used to at first, is powerful and free of advertisements.

AudioKies: This program is designed for MP3 files and runs on both Windows and Mac platforms. It's very lightweight and focuses on quickly cutting and merging audio files with little loss of sound quality, since it operates directly on the MP3 file and avoids the need to re-encode it. The interface is clean and simple and very easy to use.

Both are very good mp3 cutter and joiner software for PC, and which one to use can depend on your needs and preferences. If you need to do more complex audio editing, Audacity is a good choice. If you just want to do some simple cut and merge operations, AudioKies is faster and more convenient.

Jun 26, 2024 5:59 AM in response to Dante_Joao

Dante_Joao wrote:
Audacity A free and powerful audio editing tool, but it's true that I did have a few problems with it. First, the user interface is not particularly intuitive and can be a bit difficult for beginners to get started. Second, while it supports a wide range of audio processing features, sometimes finding the specific effect or tool you need can take some time and experimentation.

Then consider Sound Studio or Wavepad. Or Rogue Amoeba Fission.

I need a best mp3 cutter and joiner software for my PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.