How to reset my forgotten iPhone Screen Time Passcode?

I set a screen time passcode on my phone and I cannot remember it. I am not able to use the "forgot screen time passcode" feature. I have already taken it to the apple store and had the entire phone reset but the screen time passcode did not clear. The genius rep suggested I create a new icloud account and sign in as a new user on the phone. Anyone have this same issue? Any other suggestions?

[Re-Titled By Moderator]

iPhone 15

Posted on Jun 25, 2024 8:22 AM

4 replies

Jun 25, 2024 8:37 AM in response to klj0824

When resetting the iPhone, was it restored from a backup? If so, then the passcode was restored as well. You should not need to create a new iCloud account and would first try resetting the phone again and enter your current Apple ID without restoring from a backup. Here is the Support Article to reset your iPhone to Factory Settings. It also says that you will not be able to restore from a backup if you cannot reset the Screen Time Passcode.

• If you forget your Screen Time passcode, you can reset it. Restoring your device using a backup won't remove the Screen Time passcode.

How to factory reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

The reset option will not be available if you did not use your Apple ID as a backup in case you forget the passcode. When you set the Passcode, you are given an option to use your Apple ID in case you forget it. If you cancel this message, then you are given a warning that you will not be able to reset the Passcode without entering your Apple ID. Skipping this last warning, will not give you the option to reset it as described.

How to reset my forgotten iPhone Screen Time Passcode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.