Tracking problem

There's a problem with tracking a piece of paper, I attached an object that is a metal thing. Tracking is not precise at all and the tracker moves when the paper is still. It works better if I attach the tracker to a finger. Is there not enough information in the piece of paper for the tracker to work properly? Motion blur could also be the problem, right now the shutter speed is 1/50. Is it even possible to do that? Also drawing lines on the paper to give more information doesn't help. There's an area I choose to track on the screenshot.

The second half of the video shows it with just the paper.

https://youtube.com/shorts/Vk_DrvPzGtg

Mac mini, macOS 13.6

Posted on Jun 25, 2024 10:09 AM

3 replies

Jun 25, 2024 11:01 AM in response to apaclin

The reason why the tracker is not tracking properly is because you are trying to use the tracking data you created as is. AI analysis is not smart. I can't read the editor's feelings. You must modify the data yourself before using it.

--

1. Select a paper clip.

2. Select Tracking Data at the bottom of the Inspector.

3. Modify keyframes in the tracking editor (option+⌘T). Leave only the minimum number of keyframes and delete the rest.

Once you are good at modifying data, you can operate the tracker as intended. Good luck with your editing.

Tracking problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.