How do I get rid of a previous Apple ID?

My previous Apple ID was deactivated. Now I created a new Apple ID, but I can't get out of the previous one, and Apple Stor gives an inactive message even for the new Apple ID.

[Re-Titled By Moderator]

Posted on Jun 25, 2024 10:36 AM

4 replies

Jun 25, 2024 10:48 AM in response to tohid258

You'll need to have it reactivate it before you can sign out of it from Settings ➜ Apple ID ➜ Media & Purchases

click here ➜ How to deactivate and reactivate your Apple ID account - Apple Support

Also, note that all apps downloaded with an Apple ID are forever tied to it and will continue to request it for updates and there is no way to change this.

If its disabled rather than deactivated, then see the following support document.

click here ➜ If your Apple ID is locked or disabled - Apple Support

Jun 25, 2024 11:19 AM in response to tohid258

tohid258 wrote:

it gives a message when updating the software
you account has been disabled one the App Store and iTunes

Hello,

If you see this message: If a message says 'Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes' - Apple Support , or one saying, “You cannot login because your account has been locked”, you must contact Apple for help. This is not something you can fix yourself and nobody on this forum can resolve this for you. Click or tap on this link provided by Apple to be put directly in touch with the people who can help you with this issue ➞ https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=kbase&PGF=PGF63005&category_id=SC0245&symptom_id=23362

or for telephone contacts refer to: Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Use the above resources to contact Apple.

Jun 25, 2024 1:34 PM in response to tohid258

tohid258 wrote:

I enter the Apple Store, but it gives a message when updating the software
you account has been disabled one the App Store and iTunes

Its "disabled" not "deactivated". Those are 2 different things.

As said, follow the steps in the support document related to that specific error.

click here ➜ If a message says 'Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes' - Apple Support

Click the blue "request reactivation" link in the support document linked above and follow the onscreen prompts.

With that said, if its just disabled in the App Store and iTunes you should be able to sign out for it in Settings ➜ Apple ID ➜ Media & Purchases and sign in with the new one. Though as also mentioned, your downloaded and purchased Apps will remain tied to it and require it to update always.

How do I get rid of a previous Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.