Will Applecare replace my iphone 12 mini?

I’ve had this iphone 12 mini for about 3 years and have not damaged it since I have a case on it at all times. I recently started having issues with it where it overheats and sends a message that won’t allow me to use my phone at all until it cools down. My battery capacity is down to 80% and occasionally when I try to type, my keyboard hesitates and stops functioning for about 15-30seconds.

I pay for Apple Care monthly and was wondering if these things would qualify me to receive a replacement phone for these issues? I like the 12 mini and am not looking to get a different phone if i can help it (my hands are too tiny for the newer phones).

Thank you in advance for the advice!

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Jun 25, 2024 9:11 PM

2 replies

Jun 25, 2024 9:31 PM in response to hannah_damico_

hannah_damico_ wrote:

I’ve had this iphone 12 mini for about 3 years and have not damaged it since I have a case on it at all times. I recently started having issues with it where it overheats and sends a message that won’t allow me to use my phone at all until it cools down. My battery capacity is down to 80% and occasionally when I try to type, my keyboard hesitates and stops functioning for about 15-30seconds.

I pay for Apple Care monthly and was wondering if these things would qualify me to receive a replacement phone for these issues? I like the 12 mini and am not looking to get a different phone if i can help it (my hands are too tiny for the newer phones).

Thank you in advance for the advice!

ref: AppleCare Products - iPhone

iPhone Repair and Service - Apple Support

iPhone Repair & Service - Apple Support

Check your warranty coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

Jun 25, 2024 9:42 PM in response to hannah_damico_

hannah_damico_ Said:

"Will Applecare replace my iphone 12 mini?: I pay for Apple Care monthly and was wondering if these things would qualify me to receive a replacement phone for these issues? I like the 12 mini and am not looking to get a different phone if i can help it (my hands are too tiny for the newer phones)."

Apple Care:

A. Cancelling AppleCare for iPhone:

How exactly did you pay for your Apple Care? Ws it upfront? Ir is is monthly? Go her to learn about cancelling it: Cancel or Change the Payment Method for your AppleCare plan - Apple Support

B. Transferring AppleCare to a New iPhone:

No. This is not an option. So, cancel it, and then purchase it for new iPhone, should you decide so, yourself.

Will Applecare replace my iphone 12 mini?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.