I cannot reset password on Mac sign in

Hi, I’ve tried everything to reset my MacBook Pro password. I’ve tried all the steps that are listed in the health sections, numerous amount of times. None of the steps and troubleshooting work due to an error that says cannot recognize volume vault. Is there anyway I can get anyone from Apple to assist me as all the steps listed on health websites have not worked thanks.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 25, 2024 10:03 PM

1 reply

Jun 25, 2024 10:13 PM in response to omegasurpream

omegasurpream Said:

"I cannot reset password on Mac sign in: Hi, I’ve tried everything to reset my MacBook Pro password. [...]Is there anyway I can get anyone from Apple to assist me as all the steps listed on health websites have not worked thanks."

-------

Reset the Forgotten Mac Password:

A. Where to Reset it:

Reset it using the login screen. You'd go through your Apple ID to perform this. Find out more here: If you Forgot your Mac Login Password - Apple Support. Make sure that caps lock is not enabled when typing it.

B. Troubleshooting the Reset:

Troubleshooting Forgotten Mac Password:

C. Learn from This:

Important: Keep a handwritten, hardcopy list of your passwords. Store it in a secret location that only you are knowledgeable of, and only you have access to. And, on top of that, don't share you passwords with anyone whomsoever.

I cannot reset password on Mac sign in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.