Old iCloud Account Locked, Forgot Password & Recovery Key, Trusted Device No Longer Works

Back in October 2022, my iPhone 11 was badly damaged in an accident. It still worked for 2 days after the accident, but then shorted out. I forgot that I turned on advanced data protection, and the written down 28 digit recovery key was lost when moving. I also don’t remember the Apple ID password, and the trusted contact I set up with it has since changed their number. I currently still have the same phone number as that iPhone 11, I just want to regain access to the account so I can get my photos off of it. The iCloud account I’m trying to access still appears on my dad’s family settings in iCloud and he can’t remove it. If I still have the same phone number, and bring enough proof that I own the account, is there any way I could regain access to it? I know Apple strictly mentions that if you lose the password, recovery key, and the device, that you could be locked out of the account permanently, but I have proof that it’s mine.

Edit: My dad also still pays for the iCloud+ on that account and he can’t cancel it.

Posted on Jun 25, 2024 10:58 PM

1 reply

Jun 25, 2024 11:12 PM in response to ethn_king01

ethn_king01 Said:

"Old iCloud Account Locked, Forgot Password & Recovery Key, Trusted Device No Longer Works: [...]I also don’t remember the Apple ID password, and the trusted contact I set up with it has since changed their number. I currently still have the same phone number as that iPhone 11, I just want to regain access to the account so I can get my photos off of it.[...]"

Get a New Screen:

If you get a new screen, you may be able to get back into it. So, get a new screen, and then try recovering your Apple ID: If you Forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

Take this to an AASP:

See an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) in your local area...

Contacting an AASP: 

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the iPhone

Then, Get this iPhone Unlocked:

Note that if you are locked out, then you need to contact Apple Support, to get back in.

Visit this Link: If your Apple ID is Locked or Disabled - Apple Support

Why Accounts Become Disabled:

When your iTunes Account has been disabled, and that often happens due to suspicious activity --- Perhaps nothing on your part. They disable it for no more than Security & Privacy concerns.

Possible Reasons Could Include: 

• Too many unsuccessful login attempts
  • VPN (Virtual Private Network) usage
  • Consistent transactions
  • Session Times Out
  • Disobeying Terms & Conditions

So, what to do...

As you might suspect, no one here would know the reason for this occurrence, of course. So, contact Apple Support. They’ll know why this occurred and will run you right through the fix.

Contact Apple Support:

Old iCloud Account Locked, Forgot Password & Recovery Key, Trusted Device No Longer Works

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.