image resizing lag in Final Cut Pro for Mac

I am working on a video that relies on images to get the point across. I am using the transform feature to attempt to resize images, however this function is not working properly for me. when I grab the corner of the image and drag to resize, It used to re-size in real time, like it does when resizing an image in Microsoft word, for example. but now when I drag the corner or sides of the image, I cannot see the change unless I click on the screen. the same thing happens when I try and move the image. I have tested this in another library, rebooted my laptop twice, force quit and restarted the application, factory reset the preferences, and restored the library from a backup and the issue is still happening. This is making editing this video extremely slow and delayed my video production as I have been fighting this bug for hours.

if anyone has any insight as to why this is happening, please let me know as it is extremely inconvenient.

MacBook Air (M1, 2020)

Posted on Jun 26, 2024 1:01 AM

2 replies

image resizing lag in Final Cut Pro for Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.