How to fix the ATV-ui93 error on my older TV

We have to apple boxes for our upstairs and downstairs tvs.

the older device downstairs no longer lets us log in shows us the at -ui93 error.

I have unplugged router done a factory reset nothing has fixed the error??

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 26, 2024 3:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2024 6:06 AM

I kept asking if someone threw a switch too soon because they sent an email out saying after July 31st the device isn't supported.

They stood for so long, but in about a month’s time, no more for the legacy devices. 😢

How to use Netflix on your Apple TV - Netflix Help Center

↳ “(!) Netflix will no longer be available on Apple TV (2nd generation) and Apple TV (3rd generation) after July 31, 2024.”

I hope for you guys that they fix this one, though.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2024 6:06 AM in response to Paul Roberts7

I kept asking if someone threw a switch too soon because they sent an email out saying after July 31st the device isn't supported.

They stood for so long, but in about a month’s time, no more for the legacy devices. 😢

How to use Netflix on your Apple TV - Netflix Help Center

↳ “(!) Netflix will no longer be available on Apple TV (2nd generation) and Apple TV (3rd generation) after July 31, 2024.”

I hope for you guys that they fix this one, though.

Jun 26, 2024 8:59 PM in response to Tezzabears

I'm pretty sure it's the bozos at Netflix. I have 3 AppleTV 3s that can't login. Same error and no results with search on their site. Netflix wasted an hour of my time between two chat technicians. I kept asking if someone threw a switch too soon because they sent an email out saying after July 31st the device isn't supported.

Tried unplugging the Apple TVs. Changing the password on netflix. Restarting the router. Logging in on the web (worked fine)

We ended up at doing a speed test from the laptop I was on. 6.7Mbps. Should be faster but no matter. I can watch Amazon and Apple streaming movies fine on the same devices with no buffering. I told them I can watch movies on my iPhone or Laptop using Netflix right now.

Netflix solution after they said they ran through all troubleshooting steps? I was told that 6.7Mbps is way too slow and I need to upgrade my Internet service to a faster service in order to be able to log back in. I asked why I could stream other services on it and I was told the Apple TV needs more than 6.7Mbps just to login. So, contact my ISP about the problem.

At this point I just closed the chat window. They still cannot login today. ATV-ui93.

Jun 26, 2024 9:07 PM in response to Tezzabears

Right... in my case, an unrecoverable error that defied all odds and affected 3 Apple TVs at the same time... even though these don't receive patches anymore and nothing has changed on any of them in months OTHER than all them asking me to login as if I hadn't logged in before on the devices... This is a change or issue on the Netflix side. (Assuming the login doesn't proxy through Apple, which I doubt, but don't know for sure)

Jun 26, 2024 7:36 AM in response to Tezzabears

Nothing wrong with Netflix on other devices.

The various apps on various devices and platforms for a single content provider will all be different, and can each have their own quirks. How it behaves on other devices is unrelated.

Appears to be this Apple device.

Yes, the code is specific for Apple TV models. “ATV” stands for ‘Apple TV box’. It is still up to Netflix to make sense of the error code, though. Neither Apple nor we end-users have a list of codes that Netflix uses.

I have looked up error code on Netflix and it doesn’t relate but does with Apple when googling. 🤪 I’m at a loss🤷🏻‍♀️

You’re only at a loss because you haven’t contacted Netflix yet.

How to fix the ATV-ui93 error on my older TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.