Logic Pro 11.0.1 Relocate Sound library greyed out

Hi there

I have been using Logic for many years and I still can't figure out as to why is the library greyed out on the external drive?

It is an SSD AFPS formatted drive, not a Time Machine drive either, just simple external drive, I have also set it in System Settings - Full disk access both Logic and Garageband. I just don't get this, other DAW's have no issue with this, in Ableton you just tell it where to look for the library when relocating, wait a few minutes for them to load and bam that's it.

Why is this just a complicated task that has NO Logic in it? (pun intended)

Can't Apple fix this once and forever, how hard can it be?

Moving libraries is a nightmare!

MBP 16'' M2 Pro, 32gb ram, Sonoma 14.5

Posted on Jun 26, 2024 6:41 AM

2 replies

Jun 27, 2024 5:07 AM in response to FelixTime

Hi

Yes there is, I had the libraries on another drive and copied it to the new SSD where I also have extra 15gb.

Btw I just fixed earlier but didn't have time to report.

I fixed it by deleting the Library folder from the SSD then restaret Logic and downloaded a basic library about 2gb, then I Relocated this to the new drive, closed Logic and copied the contents under Library from the other drive to the new SSD.

Apple has to fix this though, it is extremely primitive! You should be able to just point to the new drive and that should be it!

Logic Pro 11.0.1 Relocate Sound library greyed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.