Can I Use Mail for iCloud Mail and and Google Mail for gmail on My iPhone?

I've searched here and online to try to find an answer, but no luck.

I have gmail accounts for certain kinds of things and my personal gmail account has gotten junked up. It's still useful but personal email gets lost. I opened an iCloud account for just a few people.

Is there anyway I can use the Mail app on my iPhone just for the iCloud email acct and the Google mail app for the gmail accounts. While it sounds like a pain in the neck, it would actually make life a little easier for me, if it can be done. I'm not bright enough to figure it out.

Thanks,

Susan McC

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Jun 26, 2024 8:21 AM

4 replies

Jun 26, 2024 8:50 AM in response to SuMcC

SuMcC wrote:

I've searched here and online to try to find an answer, but no luck.
I have gmail accounts for certain kinds of things and my personal gmail account has gotten junked up. It's still useful but personal email gets lost. I opened an iCloud account for just a few people.

Is there anyway I can use the Mail app on my iPhone just for the iCloud email acct and the Google mail app for the gmail accounts. While it sounds like a pain in the neck, it would actually make life a little easier for me, if it can be done. I'm not bright enough to figure it out.

Thanks,
Susan McC

ref: Add and remove email accounts on iPhone - Apple Support

Jun 29, 2024 7:42 AM in response to leroydouglas

I don't need to remove the Mail app or the Gmail app. I want to use them for different email addresses. If I remove the gmail accounts from the Mail app, then I lose all them from the Gmail account, too and vice versa. I probably wasn't clear on what I want.

Think of my phone like an apartment building with multiple addresses. Most are Gmail but one is iCloud. I want 2 different mail boxes, so to speak. I want the Gmail delivered to a Gmail mail box (or app) and the iCloud mail delivered to the Mail box (app). I don't seem to be able to direct my email to different apps based on @gmail vs @icloud. After digging into my settings, I just don't think it's possible on a single phone. I'll have to use the browser to get my icloud email.

Oh well.

Thank you for trying.

SMc

[Edited by Moderator]

Jun 29, 2024 7:45 AM in response to SuMcC

You can have as many mail accounts on your iPhone you want. I have an iCloud account, a Yahoo Account and an Outlook account. Each are completely different and mail I receive at my iCloud account are ONLY received there. Mail send to my Yahoo account only received there and mail sent to my Outlook account only received there.

All you need to do is to add your Gmail account and iCloud account to the Mail App using the directions in the blue word link leroydouglas provided.

Jun 29, 2024 7:53 AM in response to SuMcC

You can use the Mail app for your iCloud account and use the Gmail app for Gmail accounts. That is what I do. I have multiple mail accounts in the Mail app, but I have a couple of Gmail accounts in the Gmail app. They are totally different.

If you had all the mail in the Mail app, you can remove any Gmail accounts from the Mail app if you had them there, and then just keep them in the Gmail app.

Can I Use Mail for iCloud Mail and and Google Mail for gmail on My iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.