Can you replace Apple iCloud with OneDrive so that my WhatsApp automatically backsup to OneDrive?

I have replaced my iPhone 7 with a new iPhone and want to move my WhatsApp to the new phone. I've got my iPhone 7 to do daily backups but each time I try to migrate to the new phone, the WhatsApp chats only restore up to March 2024.

I have OneDrive cloud storage of 1TB as part of my Microsoft package and was wondering whether I could use that to backup my WhatsApp messages. It says on the internet that I can configure WhatsApp to use OneDrive but I can't see any option in the app for that. The instructions I see are giving options that don't exist on the iPhone so I think that this can be done on Android but not iOS.

So, my question is, "Is it possible to backup my WhatsApp messages/photos/videos on to my OneDrive account?"

Thanks, Maz

iPhone 15 Pro Max

Posted on Jun 26, 2024 9:19 AM

1 reply

Can you replace Apple iCloud with OneDrive so that my WhatsApp automatically backsup to OneDrive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.