Any way to get data off an Apple Watch that has been unpaired from phone for quite a while?

Summary: My Apple Watch Series 6 is not paired with my current iphone (13 mini) due to an issue during the setup process, which I thought was fine at the time because since I still had my old phone, I figured I could just redo the setup and things would work. Life more than got in the way and my couple of attempts to do just that did not result in my watch pairing with new phone, neither could I get it to pair with my old phone (to ensure it was "unpaired" correctly - followed several help articles, etc at the time) and then I just kinda ... moved on. Now, I would like to get the activity and heart data off the watch, if that is even possible, before I just reset it. Any ideas?

-------

Longer story for those interested: My oldest child was going through some serious health issues at the time and before we ever got a handle on those, my youngest started having issues (health and educational) and, as a breast cancer survivor, I had a health scare related to that and with all the dr appts, paperwork, school meetings, etc, home "tech support and maintenance" just took a back seat. I've finally got my head a little above water and would like to try to sort out all my various tech-related problems. Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions. I do realize that I may just have to bite bullet and reset, losing any data that was accumulated during that time, but I'm a data junky and would like to have my health-related data from watch if I can get it.

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on Jun 26, 2024 1:02 PM

3 replies

Jun 27, 2024 1:02 AM in response to CabinMomma

All the collected data from the Apple Watch, up to the time you unpaired the watch, should also be part of the data in the Health App on your iPhone.

Have a look at the section "View information added from your Apple Watch" in this related article:

Manage Health data on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also, each time you unpair the watch it will create a backup, which is also part of your iPhone backup:

Back up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Restore Apple Watch from a backup - Apple Support

Jun 27, 2024 10:18 AM in response to Ingo2711

Thank you for the response. I was hoping to get the information on the Apple Watch from the time it was unpaired until now. I don't see any way to get at that data or transmit to any other device. I believe it is centered around the idea that you would always have your watch paired with your iPhone so there is no other avenue. Thanks again.

Any way to get data off an Apple Watch that has been unpaired from phone for quite a while?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.