Subscriptions canceled 24 hours prior but I still get charged

So I cancelled a subscription I had days ago. (Way before 24 hours of the renewal date) And got charged and given a new renewal date?

Theres no money on my card, but this one cancelled subscription that I still got charged on is not allowing me to even get free apps because it didn't get paid.

This is a common occurrence for me too. I cancel a subscription 24 or more hours before it needs paid, I still get charged and then unable to get free apps or anything until I pay this bill.

How do I fix this? Why does it do this? I shouldn’t keep getting charged for subscriptions I cancelled.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 27, 2024 2:19 AM

5 replies

Jun 27, 2024 6:37 AM in response to TheLizRobinson

Are you a family sharing organizer? That's often a source of unanticipated charges.

Again, remember that nobody responding on this forum works for Apple. If it is a simple as you state it is then you need to work with people who can look at your account and see what charges are there. I presume you have done this yourself to some degree?

Read this support article for directions about how to see your purchase history in the App Store or iTunes Store [mobile device, computer, or web] --> View your purchase history for the App Store and other Apple media services - Apple Support

- Does not include purchases made by others under Family Sharing; those have to be checked from their accounts.

- Web: "To see charges from older purchases, you might need to look at your purchase history in Settings or the App Store."

- iOS device or computer: If you want to see purchases that you made more than 90 days prior, "tap Last 90 Days, then select a different date range."

Jun 27, 2024 3:53 PM in response to Limnos

No I am not. And I have talked to people at Apple. One lady tried to tell me I was charged for this specific subscription on the 23rd and then cancelled the subscription after the renewal date. I have proof no I was never charged on that date for that specific subscription and proved to her when I was charged and dates and all.

In was supposed to get a call back at 9:45am. It is now 6:51pm and I still have nothing fixed.

this is the 3rd or 4th time I’ve had this issue with other subscriptions. I’m quite tired of paying for things I’ve already cancelled.

so after showing my proof of everything I’m not getting any answers from Apple. 🥲

Jun 27, 2024 4:32 PM in response to TheLizRobinson

Maybe somebody else can see more into your description than I have. Not that they can do anything about it since again, nobody here works for Apple. Likewise, you should have received a phone call. Is your contact information up to date? If for some reason they didn't call you then yet again, nobody here works for Apple so we can't say why. I know you are "not getting answers from Apple" but they won't hear/see you on this forum. If it is commiseration you want, well, we can provide that!

Subscriptions canceled 24 hours prior but I still get charged

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.