Problems reconnecting to WiFi

I have a MacBook Pro 2023, running Sonoma 14,5 and every morning when I open up the computer I have to restart it to be able to connect to the internet using WiFi. It looks like the computer is connected (full signal) but still no internet. The same applies if I bring it home and open it to work there. I have tried to renew the IP address (Release DHCP) but that does not help. I have not been able to pinpoint when or why this started.

Do you have any suggestions for me?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.5

Posted on Jun 27, 2024 2:40 AM

1 reply

Jun 27, 2024 9:36 AM in response to ornjon

ornjon wrote:

I have a MacBook Pro 2023, running Sonoma 14,5 and every morning when I open up the computer I have to restart it to be able to connect to the internet using WiFi. It looks like the computer is connected (full signal) but still no internet. The same applies if I bring it home and open it to work there. I have tried to renew the IP address (Release DHCP) but that does not help. I have not been able to pinpoint when or why this started.
Do you have any suggestions for me?

Uninstall all third party apps that are Cleaners/Optimizers/VPN/Anti-Virus

all known to cause issues on the macOS

A SafeBoot Use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Does a quick disk repair before it fully boots up, and certain system caches get cleared and rebuilt, third party system modifications and system accelerations are disabled temporarily.

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test. Caches get rebuilt automatically.

This test will tell you if third party interference; most extensions etc are not loaded in safe boot mode.

Problems reconnecting to WiFi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.