Logic Pro 10 / 11 users out there, does updating from Sonoma 14.4.1 to 14.5 increase stability / get rid of bugs?

Hi together,

I have a fairly stable Logic 10.8.1 / Sonoma 14.4.1 setup on my Mac Mini M1, complete with an RME interface.

I was thinking about updating to Sonoma 14.5, because some smaller bugs are annoying me - like Finder windows sometimes losing focus and this creating occasional save problems in Logic. And occasional crashes, unfortunately.

Regarding Sonoma 14.5 compared to 14.4.1, how are your experiences so far?

From what I could gather, some changes have been made to memory management, core audio services and artificial intelligence apps preparing for Sequoia, i.e. perhaps more background CPU utilisation.

Thanks!

Mac mini

Posted on Jun 27, 2024 7:09 AM

2 replies

Jun 28, 2024 2:27 PM in response to BenB

What happens is that there is no main selected window anymore, all windows behave like they are in the background. So you can't choose certain features. This has happened several times to me, both in Logic and in the Finder, and is really annoying, as it stops you from saving in Logic. I guess the window manager for all windows of all apps gets restarted with the Finder, because quitting the Finder resolves the problem in Logic. But that's just deducting.

Logic Pro 10 / 11 users out there, does updating from Sonoma 14.4.1 to 14.5 increase stability / get rid of bugs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.