Can't run C Programs !

I use VS Code as an environment for my programming needs. I have all the necessary extensions and files that too in correct paths. Recently i am facing a strange issue that i did not used to face in my macbook air intel i5 version (macOS Monterey). I have a C program compiled before. It is running fine. But if i dare make any change in the program. And then i re-compile it using make command in the terminal and then try to run it, it shows me a blank terminal screen with a cursor blinking. (The program is simple and correct with no bugs.)

But if i delete the old binary file of the same program, and then re-compile it making a new binary file and then run it. It works fine displaying the new changes. I don't know why is this happening and why do i have to delete the old binary file every single time as it is very tiring. As a matter of fact it did not used to happen with my old mac that had same vscode with same extensions. Here is the example of how my program and my terminal looks ->

MacBook Pro 14″

Posted on Jun 27, 2024 8:18 AM

There are no replies.

Can't run C Programs !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.