PNG losing transparent background on export

I am incredibly frustrated. I have searched and not found any answer or solution to this issue. I can no longer export images from Procreate or Magic eraser app on my 3rd generation iPad Pro running IOS 17.5.1

I need this function to be able to import the png images into Cricut design space. I don’t use iCloud to back up my photos because quite honestly currently the iCloud backup sucks. It has not successfully backed up my iPad in 10 weeks. I backup my photos to Google photos. This issue only started recently. I never had this problem and I have been doing this since 2017 without issue. I made sure save original is turned on. I tried the whole make sure your resolution is only 360 crap and that didn’t work either. Oddly when I look at the Google photo gallery on my Android phone the png files I saved today have black backgrounds. So I am now trying to export to my Google drive then going to my PC and downloading them and then will try to import into cricut design space…but I shouldn’t have to jump through those hoops to accomplish something that used to work perfectly fine. So if anyone has any valid solutions I would love to hear them.. and no I really don’t appreciate Apple telling us to “just wait til the next update” why break something that was working and then make us wait until you feel like it to fix it?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 17

Posted on Jun 27, 2024 5:41 PM

There are no replies.

PNG losing transparent background on export

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.