Every time my mom puts her card on my phone. It charges her with another purchase, even though I have my own cards on here.

My mother put her card on my account because she was gonna purchase something for me and she bought it and it automatically charged her for a previous purchase that I thought was already paid for because I received the content. I don't know if there's a way to fix this or if this is just a problem in general, but it's getting to the point where my mom thinks I'm stealing from her so I really need help.

Posted on Jun 27, 2024 10:30 PM

1 reply

Jun 28, 2024 4:59 AM in response to chloethebaddestbeep

What is probably happening is a misunderstanding on your part about receiving content from Apple and when payment is actually completed.

Your payment method for App Store, iTunes and Apple Services etc. generally happens 1 to 3 days after the content delivery. Apple uses what’s known as >batch processing< in credit card processing industry. This saves money and allows for low cost items to be purchased with a credit card.

When the payment processes, there is not enough funds and your account has a negative balance. When your mom adds her payment method the new purchase is approved and the negative balance is added to the charge.

You can confirm this by contacting Apple Billing Support.

Subscriptions and Billing - Official Apple Support

Every time my mom puts her card on my phone. It charges her with another purchase, even though I have my own cards on here.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.