imessage shared photos not transferring to new iPhone15 pro from 13pro

Can anyone help as i’ve tried 4 times now & nothing is working.

I’m transferring everything from my 13 pro to my new 15 pro and of course not everything is transferring over. I’ve made sure that imessages are being backed up to the cloud.

After the new phone is set up, I'm finding that my shared photos on imessages are not there.

Is there a way to have all the shared photos transferred?

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Jun 28, 2024 7:04 AM

2 replies

Jun 29, 2024 3:38 AM in response to monkeyxx

Enabling iCloud for various functionalities such as Photos, Notes, Reminders, Messages, and more, as illustrated in the accompanying image, facilitates the seamless synchronization of each of these elements with iCloud through the internet.

If one of the devices is not connected to the internet then it may seem to you that they are not syncing. This link could assist you in pinpointing internet issues, a crucial step for synchronization. Internet not available WiFi and Cellular … - Apple Community

Note: If you delete any or all data from one device, it will also be removed from iCloud and all other devices linked to the same Apple ID. Likewise, the reverse is true as well.

Similarly...

These don't sync between devices Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Notes, Voice Memosshared photosiCloud Photos, and emails. Each device syncs to the email account server which may be Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo, or any Other. Please see the pic below.

For Audiobooks, iMovie Project, and Apple Podcast log in with the same Apple ID as used in your Mac

If one of the devices is not connected to the internet then it may seem to you that they are not syncing. This link could assist you in pinpointing internet issues, a crucial step for synchronization. Internet not available WiFi and Cellular … - Apple Community

Jun 29, 2024 3:39 AM in response to monkeyxx

iCloud backup doesn’t include information that is synced and stored in iCloud, like Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Mail, Notes, Voice Memosshared photosiCloud Photos*, Health data, call history and files you store in iCloud Drive.

*-If you had turned on iCloud Photos & Messages on iCloud, your content is automatically stored in iCloud and is available on all devices that use the same Apple ID

imessage shared photos not transferring to new iPhone15 pro from 13pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.