How to reset my iPhone passcode?

i have a very old iphone. i cannot get into it because i forgot the password. i have used it before and i just do not remember what the password is. i dont know what email or any of the information on it is. is there a way i can unlock it? there is no forgot password button only an emergency button. i want to be able to use it but i cannot get into it without the password.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 15, iOS 17

Posted on Jun 28, 2024 9:38 AM

3 replies

Jun 28, 2024 9:52 AM in response to elizabethkanouna

Welcome to the Apple Support communities “elizabethkanouna”!

If you can’t remember your passcode when you try again, use a computer to put your iPhone in recovery mode. Recovery mode allows you to erase the iPhone, giving you access to set it up again. You will need your Apple ID and passwordto set your iPhone up again. 

After you erase your iPhone, you can restore your data and settings from a backup. If you didn't back up your iPhone, you can set it up as a new device and then download any data that you have in iCloud.

Here is the steps you need: If you forgot your iPhone passcode, use your Mac or PC to reset it!

All The Best!

❐‿❑

How to reset my iPhone passcode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.