Why didn't return the money to the refund request?

In the past, whenever I regretted a purchase from the Apple Store, they refunded my money without any issues, provided the statute of limitations had not expired. Recently, I requested a refund within a month of my purchase, yet my request was denied. I adhered to all the rules and believe I am entitled to a refund. What is happening with Apple's refund policy?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Jun 28, 2024 9:57 AM

4 replies

Jun 28, 2024 10:12 AM in response to Tara_dalee

App Store purchases are considered final. Some apps will offer a free trial to see if you like it, but that does not mean you can make every app a free trial by requesting a refund. In some cases a compassionate refund will be allowed. You should never expect this to happen every time. Again the rules of App Store purchases are All Transactions are Final.

Legal - Apple Media Services - Apple

Jun 30, 2024 8:35 AM in response to Tara_dalee

Signing up for a free trial always includes a subscription you will be charged for if you do not cancel the free trial at least 24 hours before the trial period ends.It makes no difference if you used the app and the same would be true if you signed up for a streaming subscription and didn't watch any of the shows. When using an in-app purchase for a Free Trial, it is very difficult to do that by accident, since it will require you to double click the side button with the amount of the subscription showing on the screen if you do not cancel it.

Why didn't return the money to the refund request?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.