MacBook Air m1 battery health draining

The battery health is draining significantly fast on my MacBook Air M1. it managed to be at 98% in mere 15 charge cycles

now it’s at 97

im a normal user, all I did different is I keep the display profile different than default.

the battery runtime is very good.

which Makes me wonder why is it shedding the battery health this fast?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Jun 28, 2024 11:53 AM

1 reply

Jun 28, 2024 7:59 PM in response to AbhishekParmar

The new Battery Maximum Capacity value is something new that Apple exposed to users. Since this is something new, most people have no clue how their Apple Lithium Batteries have worked before. It is perfectly normal for this value to fluctuate up & down by 5% or possibly more. See my other post here where I explain it in a bit more detail along with an example:

Battery Health draining fast -- Explanation by HWTech -- Apple Community

TLDR: Just use the laptop normally and ignore the battery information. When the laptop's battery is no longer meeting your expectations, then you can check the battery information details to see if it is reporting any problems. If macOS is reporting a battery condition of "Service Recommended", then you can have Apple replace your battery. You can also run the Apple Diagnostics to see if any hardware issues are detected. If either one reports a problem, then Apple will replace the battery. Apple does not replace batteries until the "Maximum Capacity" drops below about 80% (perhaps 77% these days), or the Battery charge cycles exceeds 1,000 cycles. Usually the Battery Condition will show "Service Recommended" if either of these two things occur, or if macOS detects a hardware issue with the battery.

MacBook Air m1 battery health draining

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.