What happens to my photos if I use a different Apple ID for iCloud?

I have an Apple ID that I use for my phone, what happens if I use a different Apple ID to set up iCloud?

Also have a second option phone with the same apple id as the first, if i use a different id for icloud, will it also be there on the other phone? (don’t want it to be)

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12

Posted on Jun 28, 2024 1:51 PM

1 reply

Jun 28, 2024 9:13 PM in response to chace226

Using different Apple IDs keeps everything separate, photos, media, apps, purchases, subscriptions , voicemail, all of it.

Using different Apple IDs mixed together on the same device or same Mac also means tracking which Apple ID purchased what, as updates require use of the same Apple ID.

There is no means to migrate purchases and subscriptions and apps among Apple IDs. It is feasible to move photos and mist (all?) personal data among Apple IDs.

Using the same Apple ID means that conversations in messages, voicemail, media, apps, photos, and the rest are available everywhere when using that same Apple ID.

For keeping business and personal stuff completely separate, use different Apple IDs.

For most other environments, use the same Apple ID everywhere.

What happens to my photos if I use a different Apple ID for iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.