Apple Restore Deleted iPhone Photos?

My iPhone was stolen and All photos deleted from my library and Recently deleted. Recovered my phone, but my iCloud was backed up after the deletion, so when I restore my backup all my photos/videos are still gone.

I’ve read that Apple supervisors can restore my photos even if they’ve been ‘permanently’ deleted.

Is this possible? Thanks

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Jun 29, 2024 7:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2024 9:16 AM

You're welcome. You might want to consider a true archive photos backup service, to avoid this in the future. I use multiple services to ensure no loss of photos I'd miss at some point. Google offers free photo backup. Amazon does as well (up to a limit, then you can pay for more storage). You can also use One Drive from Microsoft if you have a Microsoft account. I find redundant backup services invaluable.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2024 9:16 AM in response to Am420

You're welcome. You might want to consider a true archive photos backup service, to avoid this in the future. I use multiple services to ensure no loss of photos I'd miss at some point. Google offers free photo backup. Amazon does as well (up to a limit, then you can pay for more storage). You can also use One Drive from Microsoft if you have a Microsoft account. I find redundant backup services invaluable.

Jun 29, 2024 7:09 AM in response to Am420

Am420 wrote:

My iPhone was stolen and All photos deleted from my library and Recently deleted. Recovered my phone, but my iCloud was backed up after the deletion, so when I restore my backup all my photos/videos are still gone.

I’ve read that Apple supervisors can restore my photos even if they’ve been ‘permanently’ deleted.
Is this possible? Thanks

NOPE. Not correct or possible at all. Once permanently deleted, photos are well, PERMANENTLY DELETED.

Apple Restore Deleted iPhone Photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.