1TB phone using iCloud instead of hard drive storage

I create a lot of video content, so bought the iPhone with the largest amount of storage. But, somehow, my iCloud storage is now full. When I go in to change the settings so that my videos created with the phone will be saved to the phone, it says that it is unable to download them. What should I do? I do not want to increase the iCloud storage when there is lots of storage available on the phone. Thanks

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 29, 2024 12:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2024 12:27 PM

You have a couple options:

1. Don't sync with iCloud and if you lose your phone or it is stolen, you'll lose all your data. Or someone enters the passcode incorrectly too often, requiring the phone to be erased and set up again and you'll lose your data as well (this is not a smart option, tbh)
  2. Upload the content you want to keep safe to a computer or backup service to avoid the potential loss of data
  3. Pay for more iCloud storage and not worry about not having enough space in the cloud to sync your data to

You paid for a lot of storage on your phone, which likely means you want to keep a lot of data accessible. It doesn't make sense (to me at least) to not upgrade your iCloud Storage to accommodate your backup needs.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2024 12:27 PM in response to DanFried3110

You have a couple options:

1. Don't sync with iCloud and if you lose your phone or it is stolen, you'll lose all your data. Or someone enters the passcode incorrectly too often, requiring the phone to be erased and set up again and you'll lose your data as well (this is not a smart option, tbh)
  2. Upload the content you want to keep safe to a computer or backup service to avoid the potential loss of data
  3. Pay for more iCloud storage and not worry about not having enough space in the cloud to sync your data to

You paid for a lot of storage on your phone, which likely means you want to keep a lot of data accessible. It doesn't make sense (to me at least) to not upgrade your iCloud Storage to accommodate your backup needs.

1TB phone using iCloud instead of hard drive storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.