How can I stop full page ads on Yahoo mail on my iPhone?

I have yahoo mail, I don’t want to lose it as I have important docs in there. But suddenly this morning as soon as I open the mail icon I’m getting a full pg ad and cannot get out of it . There is no x to hit. This is on my iPad Air running version 17.5os

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on Jun 30, 2024 9:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2024 9:47 PM

Have the same new issue with an advertisement blocking the e-mail on my iPad Pro 12.9 5th gen. 17.5.1

This following simple procedure solved the problem:

When the offending ad pops up, turn the iPad from Landscape to Portrait.

Perhaps next update will solve this annoyance.

[Edited by Moderator]

20 replies

Jul 2, 2024 3:20 AM in response to Rag69top

I have the same problem starting a few days ago. I have deleted the app from my iPad, restarted the iPad, etc. when I put the app back on, it might work once to look at mail, but eventually the next time I open it, the full page comes up with no way to get it off. This is the first time online I’ve seen someone else have the problem because I thought it was something I did. What is the fix?? Deleting and downloading does not work. It still comes on. It’s been five days & I have deleted the app and tried it again with same result.

Jul 2, 2024 10:23 AM in response to linadobk

I was having the same problem. In the end I took the $1.99 per month option for no ads, etc just to see if it was something that Yahoo Mail had added to make some money for us using their service. Well, this fixed the problem and there are no more ads. Even the one in your Inbox is gone. The $1.99 per month goes on your iTunes account and you can cancel any time…

How can I stop full page ads on Yahoo mail on my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.